Group Admins

• Profile picture of gringo
  • Profile picture of Harry

On the road

Public Group active 6 years, 7 months ago ago

Currently on a bike trip? Share your stories and advice here..

Bogota: anyone going south in January? (3 posts)

← Group Forum   Group Forum Directory
  • Profile picture of Julian Donaubauer Julian Donaubauer said 7 years, 5 months ago ago:

Hi there,

I biked from Mexiko down to Colombia the last few months. I arrived in Bogota some days ago and catched a flight home for Chrismas. About the 10th of Jan I am planning to get back to Bogota to continue my ride south (Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia). Someone on the way in the same direction at that date? I would prefer to have someone who accompanies me at least to Quito, Ecuador. Someone on the way?

Greetings from Germany

Julian

• Profile picture of Harry Harry said 7 years, 5 months ago ago:

Hey Julian, we are now in Bucaramanga, Colombia for X-mas/new years, but will be heading to the east: Venezuela & the Guyanas, heading back to Equador via the amazon, but we will not arrive before june or so I think.

Write a message to Anna & Allister (http://biketravellers.com/members/alisterandanna/), though it might be quicker via email ( awittert at gmail dotcom, I think the are somewhee in Suothern Colombia right now.

Cheers, Harry

• Profile picture of the fuego project alisterandanna said 7 years, 5 months ago ago:

Hi Julian,

we are in San Agustin at the moment, in the Casa de Ciclista of Igel and Paola. We are leaving here before the end of the year though… we haven’t heard of any other cyclists in Colombia, except for riders going north. Not sure why you are looking for company untill Quito. If it were for safety reasons, just know that it’s all really tranquilo here, we haven’t heard of anyone having problems in the past year, also not on backroads. If it’s more for company: you might catch us a bit further south, would be cool to meet!
    Anna and ali