Posts tagged gear
A while ago, I got an email though the contact form:
I’m writing from Global Ride Productions (www.globalride.net). We make virtual cycling training DVDs for indoor cycling. As a cycling blogger, we thought you may be interested in writing a review of our product.
Our virtual cycling DVDs are different from any others you may have tried. We travel to exotic locations, have multiple coaching tracks on every DVD, licensed music, and bonus yoga, pilates or strength training sessions designed for cyclists. They’re a great product and we just want to spread the word.
Though normally I would decline such an offer, I realized that not everybody has the chance to go out and ride through the real landscapes and frankly, I was curious to see them. I replied: “Sure, anything that will help people get on a bike is cool with me ”
It took a while before the DVD’s reached me as I am BikeTravelling myself, but I finally got too watch them, so here it goes:
I saw all 3 Hawaii Rides DVD’s and generally liked them. It is very hard to imagine sitting on a home trainer or a spinning bike in front of a TV or computer, while sitting on More >
Ok, you have made the selection and chose your 2-3 shirts for the road. But why those ones? Because they make you look cool/young/sexy or all of the above? Because they are (not) cotton and lightweight?
As a BikeTraveller you need to combine functionality as much as possible, so you can minimize the stuff you are carrying. So what better way to be dressed and get attention from potential hosts than get a specialized BikeTravellers t-shirt!
They are not just pretty (you can still customize them and choose the colour, size, fabric, quality), but will also help you, as the message is clear:
- “Will Stop/Talks for Pasta” will tell others that the beter have a big portion ready if they want you to talk about your adventures!
- “Make Miles not War”, “1500 MPG (and that’s just for my stove)” & Reall? (gas prices went up again?) will tell everybody, how you think & feel about SUV’s and other gas guzzlers!. Spread the word and help yourself start some good conversations and likely get invited to stay for dinner
In this little flash panel below, you can see a sample of our new BikeTravellers T-shirts. They are not just beautiful (you can still choose More >
Update: In addition to the special offers and deals from the great and trustworthy online outdoor stores below, there is now also a special online shop for BikeTravellers! Shop at CycloCamping.com for the best brands in the outdoor industry. Check their latest deals out here:
Dear fellow adventurers, for a good and safe cycle trip (or hike/climb) you need good gear. We recommend that you support your local Outdoor Shop if possible, especially if you need advice, fitting etc. But not all have an Outdoor Store near or they overprice their items.
Unfortunately, good gear often means expensive gear and cyclists are not known for their fat wallet Most people do not realize that the biggest online Outdoor Shops often have cycling departments (and most outdoor gear can be used on a biketrip anyway) and offer big discounts on brand names as The North Face, Marmot, MSR, Patagonia, Arcteryx and many more. Some items and discounts are seasonal and the best deals change constantly.
Instead of searching the web for the best stores and clicking on advertisements for deals, just check this page, we use it ourselves We have done More >
Reading about cycling is almost as good as the real thing
In this little flash panel on the right, you can see a sample of our new BikeTravellers.com T-shirts. They are not just beautiful (you can still choose the size, colour and type of T-shirt etc), but they will also help you on the road: the designs and texts on them are irresistible for people around you ! Check them out here and get or customize your Biketravellers T-shirts here!.Bike wear and gear deals for BikeTravellers
Rather have some well-known cycling brands but not for the full price? Good, as we just added this: here are some current deals on cycling gear and clothing, all 30% off or more: (Mouseover for more details and click the ‘next’ & ‘prev’ buttons above to quickly see more offers!).Show your love for The Bike!
The designs at the bottom of the page can be printed on T-shirts in many colours, sizes and models, as well as on mugs, stickers, baby-gear, bags and much more! Choose your design and get the gear to show the world that you care about her! By buying here you will also support the BikeTravellers website, so you do two good things at onceMore >
Whether you are looking for books to plan your trip, a cyclocomputer to measure your distance or just a T-shirt or a bumper sticker to show that you are a cyclist, you can find it here on BikeTravellers.com. We have found the best cycle gear, books and much more so start shopping on our shop pages:
- Amazon bicycle books, maps, DVD and bikeclothes and bikegear and -parts shop : : For the best books written by and about BikeTravellers and adventure cycling. Informative, impressive, inspirational and hilarious. But Amazon also offer Training DVD’s, Functional cycling clothing, all spare parts and even complete bicycles!
- Biketravellers-t-shirts, gear deals and CafePress Bicycle shop for bicycle T-shirts, mugs, stickers, babyclothes and much more!: Buy one of our personaly-designed t-shirts for BikeTravellers, functional, funny and useful! Or choose your favorite bike design and have it printed on T-shirts, Sweathsirts, coffeemugs, coasters, bumperstickers, babyclothes and dozens of other gear at CafePress.
- Special deals and coupons from all the major online retailers selling outdoor gear and bike clothes: We constantly collect all current deals, discounts and coupons for the major online outdoor retailers: MooseJaw, Altrec.com Outdoors, Altrec.com Outdoors Outlet, Backcountry.com, Backcountry.com Outlet, ParagonSports.com, Patagonia, REI More >