Posts tagged Humor
Ok, you have made the selection and chose your 2-3 shirts for the road. But why those ones? Because they make you look cool/young/sexy or all of the above? Because they are (not) cotton and lightweight?
As a BikeTraveller you need to combine functionality as much as possible, so you can minimize the stuff you are carrying. So what better way to be dressed and get attention from potential hosts than get a specialized BikeTravellers t-shirt!
They are not just pretty (you can still customize them and choose the colour, size, fabric, quality), but will also help you, as the message is clear:
– “Will Stop/Talks for Pasta” will tell others that the beter have a big portion ready if they want you to talk about your adventures!
– “Make Miles not War”, “1500 MPG (and that’s just for my stove)” & Reall? (gas prices went up again?) will tell everybody, how you think & feel about SUV’s and other gas guzzlers!. Spread the word and help yourself start some good conversations and likely get invited to stay for dinner
In this little flash panel below, you can see a sample of our new BikeTravellers T-shirts. They are not just beautiful (you can still choose More >
You Might Be A Cyclist If…. By Joe ‘Metal Cowboy’ Kurmaskie 2008 (Soon to be a one a day calendar – Winter 2009)
This just came in from the metal cowboy. I met him recently and did a mini interview, which will be posted here soon. For now, check out the list below and do not forget to check out the BikeTravellers.com bookstore, which has his books listed.
You might be a cyclist if…
- You own more tights than a children’s theater performing Peter Pan.
- Your wallet is clear, made of plastic and sports the designer label Ziplok.
- You’ve road tested a perfectly good relationship by bringing home a tandem. (Ah, baby you’re always saying we need to spice things up.)
- You know that pain is just fear leaving your body, before it returns through your hamstrings.
- When styling professionals ask what product gets your hair to do that, you answer, “Helmet.”
- You’ve served cocktails in waterbottles. (Drink up, friends. This cheap vodka I’m pouring eats through charity ride plastic pretty fast.)
- Your spouse doesn’t complain about the snoring since being kicked awake by the sleep pedaling.
- You yell into crowds exiting ballgames, shopping centers and concerts to “hold their line.” They yell back that they’ve got something for you More >